“Tour climbs and so much more!”
The Event: The Skylark Sportive, 12 April 2015, offers you a wonderful riding experience to get your 2015 season up and running. The 100km route takes on the challenge of three of the toughest Tour de France 2014 Stage 2 climbs, linking them with some of the South Pennines’ most beguiling and beautiful minor roads. Designed and run by local cyclists, the event puts the quality of riding experience ahead of everything else, seeking out quiet roads that will test you, but thrill you too!
Entry: £26 – on-line entry for all three distances (you can even choose which one you want to ride on the day – go longer or shorter, depending on how you feel). Postal Entries – we’re also accepting postal entries (closing date 8/4/15) Download Entry Form
- What is the Skylark? A value for money mid-length Road Sportive
- When & Where: 12 April 2015 – event HQ 5 miles West of Huddersfield, West Yorks
- Three Routes: 100, 75 and 50km, full of spectacular scenery & roads – Routes in detail
- Tour Climbs: Two huge climbs, Holme Moss & Cragg Vale plus the steep Ripponden Bank
- Extras: Well stocked feeds and a pie and pea supper at the finish
- Entry: Just £26 via British Cycling’s excellent online entry system
- HQ – With car park, changing room/showers & access to clubhouse/bar
What They Said About the 2014 Skylark: Read what the participants in the first Skylark Sportive, held in April 2014, had to say about the event – rider feedback – here’s just one rider’s comments: “Just wanted to say thanks for a great day out yesterday – organisation was superb and a great route. It was nice to be on a small friendly sportive.”
Rider Support: Your entry includes all the on-the-route nutritional support you’d expect on a modern sportive, plus a hot “pie and peas” meal and drinks awaiting you back in the comfortable event HQ. There’s also mobile first aid and mechanical back-up. A large, convenient car-park metres from registration along with male and female changing rooms and showers mean that you can concentrate on enjoying your ride.
Where: The event HQ is at Marsden Golf Club, an attractive moorland course, just outside the centre of the small town of Marsden.
Marsden Cricket & Golf Club
HD7 6HU (please note, HQ postcode is actually for a farm 100m up the road from the venue)