THE EVENT: The Skylark Sportive took place on 12 April 2015.
- RIDER TIMES: Check out how you did against your chosen route and the elements! Rider Times
- ORGANISERS’ REPORT – Our look back at the 2015 Skylark Sportive – Report
- BECKY HAMER’S SKYLARK POEM – a wonderful and inspiring poem from an inexperienced rider who overcame the conditions in grand style – The Skylark Sportive – A Poetic Journey
EVENT INFO, ROUTES & VIDEOS
- What is the Skylark? A value for money mid-length Road Sportive
- When & Where: 12 April 2015 – event HQ 5 miles West of Huddersfield, West Yorks
- Three Routes: 100, 75 and 50km, full of spectacular scenery & roads – Routes in detail
- Tour Climbs: Two huge climbs, Holme Moss & Cragg Vale plus the steep Ripponden Bank
- Extras: Well stocked feeds and a pie and pea supper at the finish
- HQ – With changing room/showers & access to clubhouse/bar
What They Said About the 2014 Skylark: Read what the participants in the first Skylark Sportive, held in April 2014, had to say about the event – rider feedback – here’s just one rider’s comments: “Just wanted to say thanks for a great day out yesterday – organisation was superb and a great route. It was nice to be on a small friendly sportive.”
Rider Support: Your entry includes all the on-the-route nutritional support you’d expect on a modern sportive, plus a hot “pie and peas” meal and drinks awaiting you back in the comfortable event HQ. There’s also mechanical back-up and first aid at the start and feeds.
Where: The event HQ is at Marsden Golf Club, an attractive moorland course, just outside the centre of the small town of Marsden.
Marsden Cricket & Golf Club
HD7 6HU (please note, HQ postcode is actually for a farm 100m up the road from the venue)