“Tour climbs and so much more!”
The Event: The Autumn Skylark Sportive offers you a wonderful riding experience, putting you up against the challenge of three of the toughest Tour de France 2014 Stage 2 climbs, linking them with some of the South Pennines’ most beguiling and beautiful minor roads. Designed by local cyclists, the event puts the quality of riding experience ahead of everything else, seeking out quiet roads that will test you, but thrill you too!
- What is it? A value for money mid-length Road Sportive
- When & Where: 28 September 2014, event HQ 5 miles West of Huddersfield, West Yorks
- Two Routes: 115km and 50km options, both full of spectacular scenery & roads
- Tour Climbs: Two huge climbs, Holme Moss & Cragg Vale plus the steep Ripponden Bank
- Extras: Well stocked feeds and a pie and pea supper at the finish
- Entry: Just £25 via British Cycling’s excellent online entry system
- HQ – Local golf club with car park, changing room/showers & access to clubhouse & bar
Video Highlights – have a taste of what the event is all about with our selection of video highlights from the route: Holme Moss | Cragg Vale | Tunstead’s Minor Roads | Marsden Lane | Isle of Skye – Monster Climb |
More About the Autumn Skylark
60km of New Roads: although sharing Cragg Vale and Holme Moss with our popular Spring Skylark, we’ve come up with completely new set of minor lanes for you to explore in the Autumn Skylark. Over 60km of the longer route and 25km of the shorter version are completely new. We’ve also switched round the main climbs and their approach roads, so the Autumn Skylark is a very different experience from its Spring counterpart.
When: The event takes place on Sunday 28 September 2014. Start times will be allocated between 8am and 11am.
The Routes: two options, 50km and 115km – Full Details
Entry: £25 – on-line entry for both distances. This includes all the on-the-route nutritional support you’d expect on a modern sportive, plus a hot “pie and peas” meal and drinks awaiting you back in the comfortable event HQ. There’s also mobile first aid and mechanical back-up. A large, convenient car-park metres from registration along with male and female changing rooms and showers mean that you can concentrate on enjoying your ride.
Where: The event HQ is at Marsden Golf Club, an attractive moorland course, just outside the centre of the small town of Marsden.
Marsden Golf Club
HD7 6HU (please note, HQ postcode is actually for a farm 100m up the road from the venue)