Terms & Conditions
1.1 For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the Websites are owned and operated by Team OA Limited.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
2.1 The type of information we may collect about you includes:
2.1.1 your name and address;
2.1.2 your phone number and e-mail address;
2.1.3 details about the services you specifically request;
2.1.4 your gender and date of birth;
2.1.5 whether or not you have a medical condition;
2.1.6 whether or not you are a wheelchair user;
2.1.7 a username and password for your online account; and
2.1.8 a security question and answer for your online account;
2.1.9 If you have entered a child/minor into our events we will hold details about the child/minor as well as the parent/guardian.
2.2 We will not collect or store any other sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
2.3 The information you provide to us when using the Websites will be processed for the following reasons:
2.3.1 to administer your user account with us;
2.3.2 to process any request for advice or information supplied by us;
2.3.3 to send you health and safety and other relevant event information for any London Marathon event that you are participating in;
2.3.4 to notify you of event, activities, publication and services that may be of interest to you should you consent to receiving these from us; and
2.3.5 to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
2.4 Any information that we collect about you is stored electronically on our database. It may also be printed and stored in our filing system. We may also provide copies of your information to our subcontractors or charities. We would also like to provide your information to carefully selected third parties for the purposes of information and publicity. If you do not wish us to disclose your information we offer an opt out box which should be ticked on the registration form.
2.5 We would like to contact you in the future for marketing purposes by post and e-mail. If you don’t want to be contacted we provide you the facility of using an opt out box to tell us on the entry registration form or there is an additional opt out whenever an email is sent.
3.1 We may use information tracking and gathering technologies that record and store information about users of the Websites automatically. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. This information does not identify you personally.
3.2 We use this information to help us identify click stream patterns, to improve our Websites and to learn about the number of visitors to our Websites and the types of technology our visitors use.
3.3 You may adjust your computer’s settings to block cookies, or to accept them only on confirmation from you.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 We will keep your personal information confidential except to the extent that we are compelled to disclose it by law (for example where fraud or other crime is involved) or to comply with an instruction of a regulatory body of competent jurisdiction. To comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 we follow strict security procedures for storing data.
4.2 The personal information that we hold will be held securely to ensure no unauthorised disclosure or access. The internet is not a secure medium. We have put in place various security measures but you are advised to treat the internet as an insecure medium in all of your communications with us.
5. UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
If any of the information that you have provided to us when you enter an event changes, for example if you change your email address, please contact us.
6. YOUR CONSENT
6.2 Owing to the global nature of the internet’s infrastructure the information you provide may be temporarily transferred to and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area, for example if the location of the Internet service provider hosting our Websites is outside of this area. By agreeing to our terms and conditions of use of our Websites you consent to any transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
7.1 Should you ‘TeamOAwish to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold on you, please send an e-mail to info@TeamOA.co.uk As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity, we will send to you a copy of all the data that we hold concerning you.
Thank you for accessing http://www.skylarksportive.com (the “Website”). Please read these terms and conditions before using the Website, which is operated by Team OA Ltd, Reinwood Road, Huddersfield HD3 4DH (“we”, “us” or “our”).
By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions in consideration of which we provide you with access. From time to time we may modify these terms and conditions so please continue to review them whenever accessing or using the Website. If at any time you do not wish to accept the terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time we may run competitions and promotions via the website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
1. While we have endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of information on the Website, we do not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website. The Website and the Content are provided “as is”, without any warranties of any kind unless specifically stated. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
2. We have no control over, or responsibility for, websites to which the Website is linked. Your use of such websites is at your sole risk.
3. The Website, including text, content, software, video, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material (“Content”) is protected by copyrights, trade marks and / or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by us, and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to us. All articles, reports and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and / or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these terms and conditions and to download no more than one copy of the Website for your personal, non-commercial use.
4. The Website, amongst other things, contains certain discussion forums, bulletin board services, chat areas and / or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Communities”). Much of the content of the Communities, including the content within a specific message or posting, is provided by and is the responsibility of the person posting in that Community. We have no responsibility for such content and are merely providing access to such content as a service to you.
5. By their very nature, Communities may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material or, in some cases, postings that have been mislabelled or are otherwise deceptive. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using Communities.
(a) Permitted uses
You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Communities only to send and receive messages and material that are legal, proper and related to the particular Community. By way of example, you agree that when using a Community, you will not:
i) defame, abuse, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
ii) publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful material or information or views, or any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
iii) impersonate another person or entity.
iv) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website.
(b) No obligation to monitor
We do not control or endorse information posted in the Communities, and we have no obligation to monitor the Communities. Any reliance on material posted in the Communities will be at your own risk. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, police or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, in our sole discretion.
6. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the Website at any time, without notice for any reason whatsoever.
7. You acknowledge that access to the Website is provided free of charge. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, these terms and conditions or any of the Content your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website. Save in respect of fraud and of personal injury or death to the extent it results from our negligence, we accept no liability to you whatsoever whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8. The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the website. We do not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
9. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against us by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against us is based on or arises in connection with your use of the Website, any breach by you of these terms and conditions or a claim that your use of the Website infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party or is libelous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party.
10. The terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.